Singapore 2011: Race Details
- Sebastian Vettel’s pole at Singapore was the German’s 25th with Red Bull in his 50th Grand Prix with the team.
- Vettel “missed out” on being the world champion today by 1 point.
- Everyone apart from Button falls out of the title race. Button has to win every single race and Vettel has to not score a point.
- Schumacher says he was trying to take the inside on Perez but was caught out of Perez braking earlier than he thought he would.
- Mark Webber made two stunning overtakes – one around the outside into the “Singapore Sling” Turn 10 and once into Turn 14.
- Hamilton fell back to 18th when he pitted for the front wing change and then again for the drive through penalty.
- Hamilton collided with Massa in a repeat of last year with Webber – same corner, trying to overtake around the outside.
- Force India had an update to their car, adding downforce and preserving tyres.
- Massa was severely critical of Hamilton saying “Like I said after qualifying, Lewis doesn’t use his mind.” also towards the end of the interview saying “I’ve spoken to him, he doesn’t listen, maybe his father will know.”. They also had a confrontation in the media pen where Massa sarcastically said to Hamilton “good job mate!”.
- Timo Glock and Jaime Alguersuari both missed the apex of Turn 18 under the grand stand and hit the wall.
- Kamui Kobayashi says he is surprised with the penalty because of ignoring the blue flags and claims he didn’t see any.
- Jenson Button revealed McLaren compromised race strategy for qualifying performance.
Incoming search terms: